It’s hard to believe I’ve been at the beach for 3 years, but it’s true! I moved down in 2017 for work, and I haven’t looked back since.
I mean, why would I? I LIVE, WORK AND PLAY AT THE BEACH!
I love what I do.
I love the area, the businesses, the activities.
I love the weather…unless there’s a hurricane coming our way… or when my clothes gets soaked with sweat the second I step outside…
And, I love the people…except those who can’t drive properly on 501 and 17…
Most people only DREAM of this life, or they get just a small bite of the appetizer instead of the whole decadent 5-course meal!
With that being said though, I still don’t feel like I’ve really LIVED at the beach.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve visited quite a few places and participated in many activities, but I’ve really just dipped the tippy top of my lil pinky toe in the water when I want to be fully submerged in the beach culture.
So, I’m challenging myself this year, and I hope you go along with me!
I’ve created a Beach Bucket List. With the help of many of EASY listeners – THANK YOU!!!
It includes areas to explore, sites to visit, restaurants to check out, adventures to be had and more!
They all pertain to the Myrtle Beach area and beyond, and there’s 52. My goal? Check off one each week this year.
So, let’s get started!
Chelsey Rene’s ULTIMATE Beach Bucket List
- Tour the Waterway
- Browse through the Gay Dolphin
- Have lunch at Big Mike’s Soul Food
- Catch a show at the Alabama Theater
- See Brookgreen Gardens
- Participate in a ghost tour
- See dolphins in the water
- Eat at Bistro 90
- Drink wine at La Belle Amie Vineyard
- Go on a river adventure
- Complete Backstage Escape Games
- Roam Vereen Memorial Gardens
- Take a flight on the SkyWheel Myrtle Beach on a nice day
- Come face to face with reptiles at Alligator Adventure
- Peruse Hobcaw Barony
- Stroll the Conway River Walk
- Dine at Amelia’s Backstreet Grill
- Discover at Ripley’s Aquarium
- Spot sea turtles nesting/hatching
- Ride along the shore in a helicopter
- Have dinner at Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse
- Learn to Shag
- Zip down a zip line
- Try chicken bog
- Laugh my butt off at a comedy club
- Enjoy a(n) water/amusement park
- Watch an entire series at the Myrtle Beach Pelican’s stadium
- Walk through the Gullah Museum
- Attend the World Famous Blue Crab Festival in Little River
- Witness a sun rise on the beach
- Try the BBQ at Hog Heaven BBQ
- Find a Pawleys Island Shell
- Attempt parasailing
- Cheer the Chanticleers on at a sporting event
- Spend a morning at Johnny D’s Waffles & Benedicts
- Find out what Pirate’s Voyage/Medieval Times is all about
- Spend a couple of days at the Carolina Country Music Fest
- Check out the Boathouse
- Sample wines from Coastal Carolina Winery
- Bowl at 810 Billiards and Bowling
- Get breakfast from the Litchfield Restaurant
- Experience Atalaya Castle
- Bike to Huntington Beach State Park
- Jump at a trampoline park
- Fish at an area pier
- Shoot at a local range
- Drink with friends on the East Coast BrewBoat
- Complete a tasting at Twelve 33 Distillery
- Shop at a local farmer’s market
- Engage in a Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre
- Throw an ax at an ax-throwing bar
- Sign up for a class with the Myrtle Beach Culinary Institute
Though I wouldn’t mind if the list grew!
Feel free to send a message to my FB page or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with some more ideas.